We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and entrepreneurial research-focused SAE to play a key role in developing our brand, insight and strategy team.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional researcher, able to both use industry tools to their fullest potential and supplement gaps with an intellectually flexible, “bootstrapping” approach to the identification of actionable insights at speed. Somebody with the ambition, confidence and proactivity to build their own offer from the ground up, with senior support, would fit in very well.
Beyond the day-to-day creation of research briefings, thought leadership reports, competitor reviews and new business support across sectors, the successful candidate would play an important role in both building out our strategic services offer and upskilling junior members of the team on the best practices of research and insight generation across the business.
- Identify insights from a mixture of industry tools and wider desk research to inform campaign planning, creative ideas and new business efforts
- Contribute to the creation of integrated and channel-specific strategies across the full client portfolio
- Provide concise yet comprehensive briefings to prepare senior stakeholders for key meetings with clients and prospects
- Undertake multichannel competitor reviews across a range of sub-sectors
- Develop angles for original thought leadership research and lead on the development of the research methodology, such as drafting survey questionnaires for long-form reports
- Analyse survey data and contribute to the crafting of storylines for both media and long-form thought leadership research content
- Provide counsel on the graphical representation of data to support an argument
- Implement a commercially viable media monitoring product offer
- Contribute ideas for the development of new branding, insight and strategy products and help bring them to market
- Lead on training the junior team on the fundamentals of research and insight generation
- At least 18 months’ experience working full-time in an agency or consulting environment
- Excellent research skills
- Track record of creating research briefs, competitor reviews and new business analysis
- Ability to prioritise and present information clearly and concisely
- Skill using data to create original stories that can work across multiple channels, including media
- Passionate about PR and marketing trends and determined to help
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills with demonstrable ability to work on multiple client campaigns at once
- An interest in working in a fast-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be able to take the initiative and be proactive to get things done
- A collaborative, team-oriented spirit
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Extensive experience using standard tools including Factiva, Sysomos, etc.
More about Aspectus
Aspectus Group is a global marketing and PR agency specialising in financial services, technology, and energy. We create smart and creative campaigns – telling stories that haven’t been told before, and making our clients famous for what they do. We run strategic communications programs built around delivering tangible business results, through compelling content, top-notch media relations, critical thought leadership, and stand-out digital marketing activities.
We are passionate about being a business run by our people, for our people. Our success is made possible through our ability to attract and develop the very best talent. So it’s vital our people see the benefits – be that through well-being, a fun and inspiring company culture, financial reward or professional development. We do everything we can to ensure our employees have the opportunity to grow, contribute and create according to their individual skillsets. Everyone’s career path is as unique as they are.
We expect a lot from everyone who works for the agency. But we truly respect each other, try to keep as flat a structure as possible and we have a lot of fun along the way!
We believe our culture is truly what makes us unique. It’s why over 30% of our people have been with us for 5 years or more. For more information on Aspectus culture and why we’re different, visit our culture page here.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.