We’re Aspectus Group, a global integrated communications agency specializing in financial services, technology and energy, with about 60 people in offices in New York, D.C., Austin, London, Scotland, and Switzerland. We create smart and creative campaigns – telling stories that haven’t been told before, and making our clients famous for what they do. We run strategic programs built around delivering tangible business results, through compelling content, top-notch media relations, critical thought leadership, and stand-out digital media.
We’re the fastest growing independent agency in the PR Week Top 150. But more importantly, we are passionate about being a business run by our people, for our people. Our success is made possible through our ability to attract and develop the very best talent. So it’s vital our people see the benefits – be that through well-being, financial reward or professional development. We do everything we can to ensure our employees have the opportunity to grow, contribute and create according to their individual skills.
We expect a lot from everyone who works for the agency. But we truly respect each other, try to keep as flat a structure as possible and we have a lot of fun along the way.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has at least 6 years of experience in a PR agency role, with deep experience in financial services, technology and/or fintech
- Stand-out media relations skills, strong written skills and the ability to metabolize complex businesses and turn them into concise and compelling ideas
- Ability to devise and lead client campaigns independently
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility, while still acting as a team player
- Experience in attracting and winning new business
- Strong skills managing and mentoring junior team members
Your Job Purpose:
- Serve as a senior strategic counselor and trusted day-to-day contact for financial, technology and fintech clients, as well as taking responsibility for leading and managing the execution of client work
- Manage motivate, and upskill account teams and oversee them to effectively service client communications programs
- Operate at a strategic level by anticipating difficult situations and exhibit the ability to evaluate, recommend and then implement appropriate strategies and alternatives with clients’ senior management.
- This a high-growth role, and the right candidate will contribute to the company’s success by taking a lead role in new business acquisition, client retention and growth and ensuring effective and efficient team utilization.
- At least 20 vacation days per year (up to 25 as your tenure grows) and additional days off for life milestones (engagement, wedding, moving, home ownership etc)
- Opportunities for bonus incentives
- Opportunity for international and domestic travel (at/when safe travel resumes and you would like to)
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of PR and your clients’ business, industry and competitive environment in financial services and fintech
- Manage client programs on a day-to-day basis, including independent strategy generation and acting as final set of eyes on materials.
- Build and manage solid account teams, balancing client workloads, developing and managing budgets, and ensuring account profitability.
- Develop strategic communications plans, including media relations opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for our clients, and lead client calls.
- Leverage and maintain high level media contacts and your industry knowledge to secure quality coverage and ensure results for clients.
- Serve as day to day senior client liaison.
- Successfully manage multiple accounts and respective team members.
- Produce some strategic pieces of content where required.
- Actively participate in new business development efforts while further developing the firm’s reputation.
- Identify new business opportunities both within existing client engagements and by sourcing external leads.
- Participate in the development of materials for new business opportunities including timelines, proposals, capabilities decks and case studies.
Team Management and Development
- Provide strategic leadership, counseling and mentoring to the account team to ensure they have the skills to execute client programs.
- Manage internal account teams by regularly providing performance feedback, and managing others’ workloads and deadlines.
- Assume responsibility for the performance and growth of junior staff through the development of a career roadmap and working with individuals to ensure annual performance goals are met.
- Serve a leadership role in the company to all employees through but not limited to mentoring and networking
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Aspectus PR as a global company; know its partnerships, key clients, and global offerings
- Be actively involved in recruiting and talent management, as well as initiatives to maintain Aspectus team culture
Please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.