The Account Executive will support the Account Manager in the delivery of PR plans and achieving results for clients. The Account Executive is expected to execute strong media relations skills, pitching reporters and providing measurable results for clients while building relationships with journalists and increasing their visibility among clients. Account Executives are also required to contribute to content creation, manage reporting and deliverable tracking on accounts, and support new business activity where appropriate.
- Support team in the implementation of PR strategy
- Maintain current knowledge of clients’ business, industry and related verticals; keep abreast of market developments that impact clients
- Produce high-quality written content and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of writing – reporting, press releases, media pitches, blogs, briefing documents, etc.
- Inspire client confidence and trust by maintaining regular contact and ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner to the highest possible standard
- Begin to take ownership of specific elements of account activity, as agreed with the Account Manager
- Thoroughly manage all aspects of account and activity reporting, including the tracking, sourcing and collation of all client-related coverage
- Track features, awards, events, and speaking opportunities for clients, and support the client and team with any ad hoc research requirements
Media Relations Responsibilities
- Serve the media to the highest professional standards, nurturing strong relationships with journalists, and securing coverage for clients
- Take an avid interest in, and keep up-to-date with all relevant media – including key contacts, titles, audience and circulation
- Make time to regularly consume all relevant media channels – print, broadcast, digital and social
- Develop a strong knowledge of the media that influence your client stakeholders (customers, prospects and investors)
- Independently develop media pitches and secure relevant opportunities and results
- Create media background and briefing materials to help prepare clients for interviews
- Have a thorough understanding of the importance of solid media relationships and cultivate relationships with trade press and social media outlets
- Contribute to, and often time manage, the social media aspect of client programs
- Manage AAEs on press lists and forward features tracking to ensure all relevant media contacts are up to date and that no relevant media opportunities are missed
- Deliver efficient and timely media monitoring and reports to clients
Aspectus Career Development and Culture
- Be an active Aspectus brand ambassador and member of the Aspectus team
- Regularly contribute to the Aspectus blog and social media accounts
- Work collaboratively with Aspectus’ international affiliates in London
- Contribute to Aspectus PR’s ongoing learning culture through active participation in internal knowledge sessions and idea meetings
Administrative, Office and Business Development Responsibilities
- Heavy involvement in new business presentation research and development
- Attend new business pitches as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Gorkana, Factiva, etc.
- Team player mindset and willingness to work collaboratively
- Possess time management skills on multiple accounts; ability to prioritize
- 2 – 4 years of experience, prior agency experience required
- B.S. in Public Relations, Communications or related field
For more information, please get in touch.