We understand that leaving school can be a hugely daunting prospect for many people. There are many decisions to be made. What do I do next? Should I go to university? What else is out there? How do I find out?
We therefore wanted to introduce ourselves. We are a global PR and marketing agency with our head office in Old Street, London. We specialise in serving the technology, financial services, energy and capital markets industries, working for both business-facing and consumer-facing clients. We have recently launched The Aspectus Academy – an exciting opportunity for school leavers to kick-start their careers.
So, what is The Aspectus Academy, what does it offer and how can it work for your school and pupils?
What is The Aspectus Academy?
The Aspectus Academy is a fully paid, two-year placement in PR and digital marketing. It’s a hands-on course that will provide each candidate with experience across all aspects of communications. Over the two years they will establish their writing, interpersonal, leadership, digital marketing, client management and business skills. This will involve on-the-job training across our five divisions:
- Financial Services
- Capital Markets
- Digital Marketing
The Aspectus Academy is dedicated to providing an environment that truly helps our employees grow. Here are some of the ways we will support school leavers:
- Everyone on The Aspectus Academy has a dedicated line manager
- Everyone on The Aspectus Academy has a mentor from the senior leadership team e.g. CEO, Managing Director
- All employees complete mental health awareness training
- You will be part of the Aspectus thriving company culture
- Constantly evolving your skill set
We are also investing in school leavers by offering them the opportunity to gain a qualification up to a foundation degree.
After the first year of the apprenticeship, school leavers can choose to specialise in either PR or Digital marketing. Then, they can decide to study for either a level 4 (equivalent to a foundation degree) qualification, or a level 3 (equivalent to an A-level) qualification. They will get one study day a week to make sure they achieve their goals.
We understand there will be many more details that you and your pupils will want to know before making any decisions, therefore we offer a range of introductory workshops, talks, webinars and training days.
Talks, workshops and career days
As part of our outreach programme, we visit schools and colleges to give talks on The Aspectus Academy, what it entails, the opportunity, as well as providing more insight into PR and marketing. We can create bespoke workshops depending on your requirements, but to give you an idea, here’s how we would typically structure a one-hour session:
- Introductions – who we all are, our backgrounds and why we love our job
- What is PR? – we’ll use the Avengers, Kylie Jenner and Kanye West to demonstrate
- What is marketing? – marketing and PR do different things but go hand in hand
- What is The Aspectus Academy? – a fully paid, two-year placement for state school students in London. A hands-on course that will provide experience across all aspects of communications
- Q+A – an opportunity for students to ask questions e.g. how we got into our role, any barriers we faced, what a day in the life is like
We host webinars too, and you can watch one of our previous webinars online or read about it in this blog.
Career fairs are also an important part of our outreach and help to broaden the horizon for many people who may not know this path is an option.
We hope that these talks enable students to feel invigorated by the potential and eager to learn more about it.
From February to April 2021, we will be hosting open days in our office to give students an idea of what the working world is like. This provides pupils the chance to check us out for themselves. It is important for them to be just as bought into us as we are them. we’ll make each open day informative and engaging to showcase who we are, what it’s like to work in this industry and what a career path at Aspectus could look like. Please get in touch if you’d like to be on the mailing list for this opportunity.
If you would be interested in finding out more information, or setting up a talk in your school, please drop us an email to: email@example.com.